Your 20s and 30s are two very different stages in your life.
While you may have just graduated from college in your 20s and are now entering the workforce, at your 30s you have already been working for several years. You should have a steady income, and working towards getting a promotion or buying your first home, whatever your monetary goal may be.
Dating at these two stages varies quite greatly due to the difference in maturity and financial stability of both life stages. Dating in your 20s is fun, as you experiment with different types of individuals, not committing until you have found the right person. Dating in your 30s is sort of similar, however, dates are most likely to feel more mature because everyone is dating to settle down at that age. If you are wondering what is the best Asian dating site, then we have answers on that as well!
Here are a few ways dating in your 20s and 30s differ:
- Alcohol qualityAs mentioned previously, dating in your 20s is all about fun and experimentation. It is very common for dates to occur at bars where both individuals indulge in extremely cheap or low-quality alcoholic beverages. It does not even matter if both of you become intoxicated because that only adds to the fun.
In your 30s, this situation is exactly the opposite. You might find yourself indulging in fine wine over dinner with a handsome gentleman or might even go clubbing and purchase expensive alcoholic drinks. Both of you have learned to pace yourself when drinking by this time in your lives, and the date has become much more sophisticated.
- Career pathsIn your 20a, you have just gained your degree from college and applied for your first job. Numerous individuals choose to use this time for experimentation to make sure that the career is the right fit for them. This can result in poor choices that go against the financial goals of the individual.
In your 30s, you quickly learn to distinguish the high-paying jobs from the low-paying ones and as you are thinking of your future at this time, you probably will not have any interest in dating a beginner artist. If you are dating a black person, you want to check out those sites.
- FoodIn your 20s, food matters less than the date itself. You often find yourself going for dates at the movies or maybe even bowling. Food is not your top priority as long as you both have fun. If you feel hungry, you might opt for purchasing fast food or buying a bag of chips.
At your 30s, dates are much more sophisticated and somehow, food is always involved, whether it be going out to a 5-star restaurant for dinner or simply attending a wine tasting festival. If the date goes badly, the quality of the food always leaves a fond memory.
- Two choices of lingerieIn your 20s you are all about making a statement and having a night neither of you will forget. For this purpose, every pair of lingerie that you own is cute. You barely own any pairs that are solely for comfort.
By your 30s, you may be overthinking a lot of details including the length of the relationship, obvious bloating, amount of skin you can show, and modesty. You have the difficult decision of choosing between ‘sexy’ and ‘supportive’ at this age.
- FOMO (Fear of Missing Out)In your 20s, you are most likely not thinking about your future and know that one day, you will find the right person. For now, the only thing on your mind is enjoying life while you are young and making the most of it.
By your 30s, you may be dreading staying single forever because after some time of searching you still have not found the right person. You might feel jealous upon seeing your friends in happy long-term relationships and may begin panicking. It does take some time this late in the game, but finding your soulmate is definitely possible.
- Having childrenIn your 20s, you are probably not ready for children and will not be for a while. Getting your period the day after a scandalous date may be the best feeling in the world for you.
By your 30s, this changes drastically as it becomes harder for couples to conceive once the female reaches age 30. You will begin to constantly worry about not having kids as you get older and may even feel pressured by your friends and family.
- More simplicityIn your 20s, you are all about discovering the secrets that the ‘mysterious stranger’ has to offer. You find unpredictable, secretive, and passionate people very attractive.
In your 30s, this changes because you already have enough issues in your life that having to uncover someone else’s secrets would only add to your stress. You prefer simplicity in your significant other’s personality rather than mystery.
While your 20s and 30s vary greatly in terms of these factors, one thing that both have in common is the excitement of hoping that he/she is the one.